Mainstream Economist: Stocks Could Crash Soon — Recession Almost A Certainty
Mainstream analysts are now warning a recession is almost a certainty and world stock markets could crash very soon.
I reported a few hours ago that Wall Street was down over 2% on the day and gold had surged past $1,680 per ounce.
Looking at the latest market data Wall Street is now down over 3% with the DOW down over 350 points on the day and gold retreating off its session highs.
Now analysts are saying double dip recession is almost a certainty. Mind you some say we are actually in a Great Depression, but here is a mainstream analysts warning stocks could crash soon.
In the past few months, investors have gone from being generally bullish about the economy and stock market to increasingly concerned that we may be headed for another recession. For now, however, the consensus is still that we’ll trudge along with slow growth but avoid an actual downturn.
One advisor who thinks that a recession is almost a certainty, however, is Lance Roberts, the Chief Economist at Streettalk Advisors, a $400 million advisory firm.
Roberts says he began warning clients about a recession more than 6 months ago, urging them to be more defensive. And now, after the string of lousy economic data in recent months, Roberts thinks another recession is almost a foregone conclusion.
So what should investors do, given that outlook?
Roberts observes that, in “normal” post-War recessions, the stock market tends to fall by about a third. He also argues, however, that this is NOT a normal post-War recession–it’s a debt-fueled balance-sheet recession, which we haven’t experienced since the Great Depression.
See Also: Here’s Why This Recession Is Different
Here’s what other have been saying lately:
- The Great Recession Of 2007 Never Ended – We Are In Fact In A Depression
- Guggenheim CIO: Europe Is A “Train Wreck” On The Brink Of A “Major Financial Collapse”
- Celente: The Dollar Is Not Worth Its Weight In Paper, The Next Great Depression Lies Ahead
- Greece In Panic: Masses Race To Pull Cash From Banks Causing A Great Depression Style Bank-Run
- Gerald Celente: “Economic Martial Law Will Be Declared”
- Boston Economics Professor: US Has To Cut $20 Trillion Or Face Financial Collapse
- Gerald Celente on US debt insanity: Collapse inevitable
- Experts Warn ‘America Will Lose Its Sovereignty’ As The Financial Armageddon Clock Ticks Away
- Ron Paul’s Urgent Warning On The Inevitable Collapse Of The Dollar