Ambassador Murder Preceded By Monthly Attacks On Diplomatic Targets

Ambassador Murder Preceded By Monthly Attacks On Diplomatic Targets

Ambassador Murder Preceded By Monthly Attacks On Diplomatic Targets

In addition to ignoring specific security warnings the Obama administration failed to step up Benghazi security in the face of nearly monthly attacks on diplomatic facilities

Security alerts issued by the US Libya embassy reveal the diplomatic facilities in Libya were being attacked on a nearly monthly basis prior to the attack on the Libya consulate in Benghazi.

The Obama administration claims there was no prior warning of the surprise attacks which took the lives of 4 Americans, including that of US ambassador Chris Stevens, two former Navy Seals and a computer specialist.

The administration says the attack was the result of a spontaneous escalation of violence at a protest over an anti-Islamic film but senior diplomatic and intelligence officials say the administration was warned prior to the attack but failed to act.

The nearly monthly attacks on diplomatic assets in Libya appear to support the narrative the administration ignored repeated warning signs.

US Embassy security alerts reveal previous attacks against diplomatic facilities included the use of rocket-propelled grenades and improvised explosive devices which should have been a clear warning sign to harden the consulate against such attacks.

In addition to attacks on buildings and offices the security alerts also reveal several attacks launched directly on diplomatic convoys.

Those include an attack on a UN diplomatic convoy in February, a UK diplomatic convoy in June and another attack on US convoy in Tripoli in August.

Each of these security alerts issued by the US embassy warned that protests in Libya in the past have often escalated into violence and attack against government buildings.

The nearly monthly occurrence of these attacks suggest severe gross negligence on behalf of the Obama administration.

They also suggest the administration failed necessary steps to harden the Benghazi consulate despite knowing extremists attempted to bomb a US diplomatic compound on June 6.

Instead, just two weeks prior to the September 11th attack the consular section of the Benghazi office was opened to the public.

August 26, 2012 – Consulate section of Benghazi office opened for public services.

August 6, 2012 – U.S. Embassy personnel were attacked by armed assailants in a carjacking (Tripoi)

June 11, 2012 – Armed attack on a UK diplomatic convoy carrying the head of the U.N. in Benghazi in which two individuals sustained injury.


About Author